Rani Mukerji was born on March 21, 1978, in Calcutta, West Bengal, India. Her father is former film director Ram Mukherjee. She made her acting debut playing a supporting role in her father’s Bengali language film Biyer Phool in 1992. In 1997, she played the leading role in the social drama Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat. She then started a full-time career in film and gained wider recognition for her role in the film Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. She has since become one of the most high-profile actresses in India. She has earned seven Filmfare Awards from 14 nominations.
Rani Mukerji Age, Height, Measurement, Bra Size, Bio, Net Worth
Rani Mukerji Wiki/Biography
|Real Name||Rani Mukerji|
|Nickname||Khandala Girl, Baby|
Height in Feet, Weight and Figure Size
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 160 cm|
in meters- 1.60 m
in Feet Inches- 5′ 3″
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 58 Kg|
in Pounds- 127 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-30-34|
|Bra/Breast Size||34 inches|
|Waist Size||30 inches|
|Hip Size||34 inches|
|Date of Birth||21 March 1978|
|Age (as in 2021)||43 Years|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Likes & Dislikes||Likes: Playing with her niece whom she lovingly calls “Mishti”|
Dislikes: When people make fun of her saying she only gets films under Yash Raj Banner
|School||Maneckjee Cooper High School, Juhu, Mumbai|
|College||Mithibai College, Mumbai|
|Debut||Father– Late Ram Mukherjee (Film director)|
Mother– Krishna Mukherjee (playback singer)
Brother– Raja Mukherjee (elder) (producer and director)
405, Shanti Building
B Width 4th Floor
Kalyan Complex, Versova
Mumbai 400 061
• Rani kept his relationship with Aditya Chopra secret for many years, she yelled at Simi Garewal on her chat show when Simi asked question about her relationship. Rani said “There’s a lot I know about you too, which of course you wouldn’t want me to bring up.”, later Rani asked to delete that part from the interview.
• It is said that at times Rani have had cold wars with co-stars Kajol, Aishwarya Rai, Vivek Oberoi and Jaya Bachchan.
• Her brother Raja Mukherji was accused of molesting a young female director by saying that he’ll introduce her to Rani Mukherji. Although Rani was not part of this controversy but the issue dragged her name into it.
Abhishek Bachchan (Actor)
Aditya Chopra (Director, Producer)
|Husband/Spouse||Aditya Chopra (Director, Producer)|
|Marriage Date||21 April 2014|
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Sridevi, Sharmila Tagore|
|Favourite Colour||Red, Blue|
|Favourite Food||Fish prepared by her mother|
|Favourite Accessory||Diamond ring gifted by her father|
|Favourite Perfume||Polo Sport|
Amazing Facts About Rani Mukerji
- Does Rani Mukerji Smoke?: Yes
- Does Rani Mukerji Drink Alcohol?: Yes
- She is a trained Odissi dancer.
- When she turned 16, she was offered the lead role in ‘Aa Gale Lag Jaa’ (1994), opposite Jugal Hansraj. However, his father didn’t want her to act at such an early age, and she later replaced by Urmila Matondkar.
- Prior to signing for Bollywood films, she got training at Roshan Taneja’s acting institute.
- She is a private person and rarely interacts with media, unlike other celebrities.
- She has been termed as one of the most accomplished actresses of Bollywood by the critics.
- She doesn’t like being monotonous in films and so she tries different drastic roles.
- She did a cameo role at the age of 18 in her father’s Bengali film “Biyer Phool” (1996)
- She got her major breakthrough from the film “Kuch Kuch Hota Hai”(1998).
- She was offered the lead role in Hollywood film ” The Namesake” (2006), however, she turned down the offer as the dates clashed with the Bollywood movie ” Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna” (2006).
- She changed the spelling of her surname from “Mukherjee” to “Mukerji” in her passport and hence opted not to change.
- She is the first actor in Bollywood to win two awards simultaneously “Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress” awards in a single year (2005) at the Filmfare.
- She hails from a total filmy background, her father is a retired film director and founder of the Filmalaya Studios, while her mother Krishna was a Playback Singer.
- Her brother is a producer turned director Raja Mukerji.
- Apart from being an actor, she is also a philanthropist and has done numerous concerts and stage shows to raise funds. Moreover, she has also raised her voice on issues faced by women and children.
- Debashree Mukerji who is a national award-winning actress is her maternal aunt.
- Her cousins are Kajol, Tanisha and Mohnish Behl.
Follow Us on Instagram
Bollywood Actress Measurements
Find out actresses age, height, weight, body measurements, eyes, bra size, sexual orientation, hot photos, family and compare them with other celebrities.