Salman Khan was on 27 December 1965is an Indian actor, film producer, and television personality who works in Hindi films. In a film career spanning over thirty years, Khan has received numerous awards, including two National Film Awards as a film producer, and two Filmfare Awards for acting.
He is cited in the media as one of the most commercially successful actors of Indian cinema.Forbes included him in their 2015 list of Top-Paid 100 Celebrity Entertainers in the world; Khan tied with Amitabh Bachchan for No. 71 on the list, both with earnings of $33.5 million. According to the Forbes 2018 list of Top-Paid 100 Celebrity Entertainers in world, Khan was the highest-ranked Indian with 82nd rank with earnings of $37.7 million. He is also known as the host of the reality show, Bigg Boss since 2010.
Salman Khan Age, Height, Bio, Girlfriends, Family, Net Worth
Salman Khan Wiki/Biography
|Full Name||Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan|
Height in Feet, Weight and Physical Stats
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 174 cm|
in meters- 1.74 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg|
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 45 Inches|
– Waist: 35 Inches
– Biceps: 17 Inches
|Date of Birth||27 December 1965|
|Age (as in 2021)||56 Years|
|Birthplace||Indore, Madhya Pradesh|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra (he spent his childhood at 21, Palasia in Indore & Gwalior)|
|School(s)||• Scindia School, Gwalior|
• St. Stanislaus High School, Mumbai
|College||St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||College Dropout|
|Religion||Islam (He identifies himself as both Hindu and Muslim; he says “I’m Hindu and Muslim both. I’m Bharatiya. My father is Muslim and my mother is Hindu.”)|
|Ethnicity||Mixed (mainly Pathan)|
|Family||Father– Salim Khan (Screenwriter)|
Mother– Sushila Charak (birth name)
Stepmother– Helen (actor)
• Sohail Khan (younger)
• Arbaaz Khan (younger)
• Alvira (younger)
• Arpita (younger)
|Hobbies||Swimming , Cycling , Painting , Writing|
|Controversies||• Blackbuck hunting case (1999): Salman & his co-stars of Hum Saath Saath Hain were accused of hunting blackbuck deer & chinkara (endangered animals) while shooting for the film in Jodhpur, Rajasthan.|
On 5 April 2018, he was found guilty in the Blackbuck Killing Case and was sentenced to 5 years by the Jodhpur Court; Magistrate Dev Kumar Khatri pronounced the verdict. He was charged under Section 51 of Wildlife (Protection) Act. The Jodhpur Court gave benefit of doubt to “Hum Saath Saath Hain” co-stars, Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, Neelam, and Sonali Bendre.
On 8 April 2018, he was granted a bail by the Jodhpur Sessions court; after spending two nights in Jodhpur jail.
• Hit-and-run case (2002): Salman drove his car over the people sleeping on the pavement outside a bakery at night. One person was killed, while three persons were injured in this accident.
• His relationship with Aishwarya Rai (2002): Aishwarya’s parents lodged a complaint against him for harassing their daughter. Later, he denied all the allegations imposed on him.
• Fight with Shah Rukh Khan (2008): Salman & Shah Rukh fought at Katrina Kaif‘s birthday party.
• In December 2017, an FIR was lodged against him and Shilpa Shetty at Andheri Police station, Mumbai by Navin Ramchandra Lade, General Secretary of the Rojgar Aghari Republican Party of India for allegedly using the word “bhangi” at a public place, which hurt the sentiments of the Scheduled Caste community.
• He faced the backlash on social media for promoting nepotism in Bollywood and trying to establish monopoly in the industry. The actor was among the few in the industry who faced the jibe of various outsiders in the industry, Including Abhinav Kashyap, Sonu Nigam, and Sona Mohapatra. These accusations came after Sushant Singh Rajput committed suicide on 14 June 2020.
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Sangeeta Bijlani (actress)|
• Somy Ali (actress)
• Aishwarya Rai (actress; 1999-2002)
• Katrina Kaif (actress; 2003-2010)
• Faria Alam (Former Model & Football Association Secretary; 1996)
• Iulia Vantur (actress; 2016)
|Food||Chinese food, Spicy Italian food, Pav Bhaji, Chicken Biryani, Mutton Kebab|
home-cooked food, ‘Mixture’ (all the leftovers from various food items and mixes them before eating)
Apart from those, he loves biryani and kebabs and other Mughlai and North-Indian delicacies
|Actor(s)||Hollywood: Sylvester Stallone India TV|
Bollywood: Dilip Kumar, Govinda
|Singer(s)||Sunidhi Chauhan and Sonu Nigam|
|Restaurant||China Garden, Mumbai|
|Colour(s)||Black, White, Grey|
|Dessert||Sitaphal ice cream|
|Cricketer(s)||Sachin Tendulkar, Imran Khan, Harbhajan Singh, Yuvraj Singh, Ashish Nehra|
|Song||‘Jab Hum Jawan’ by Shabbir Kumar|
|Car(s)||BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Toyota Land Cruiser|
|Outfit(s)||Tight jeans & T-Shirts|
|Fashion Brand(s)||Giorgio Armani and Gianni Versace|
|Film Director||Sooraj Barjatya|
|Cars Collection||• Lexus LX 470|
• Mercedes Benz GL-Class
• BMW X5, Range Rover Vogue
• BMW X6
• Audi R8
• Audi Q7
• W221 Mercedes Benz S-Class
|Bikes Collection||Suzuki Intruder M1800 RZ limited edition motorbike, Suzuki Hayabusa|
|Assets/Properties||150-acre plot in Panvel which is having 3 bungalows, swimming pool and his own gym|
|Salary (approx.)||$8.61 million (INR 60 crore/film)|
|Income (as in 2018)||$33.95 (INR 253.25 crore/annum)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$300 Million (INR 1950 Crore)|
Amazing Facts About Salman Khan
- He is the eldest son of Salim Khan (a screenwriter) and Sushil Charak. Her mother, later, adopted the name, Salma Khan.
- He grew up along with his brothers Arbaaz Khan and Sohail Khan in Bandra, Mumbai.
- Since his childhood, he was a great swimmer.
- In the 1988 film, Biwi Ho To Aisi, Salman’s voice was dubbed by a dubbing artist.
- His first leading breakthrough role in Bollywood came with Maine Pyaar Kiya, which was one of India’s highest grossing films at that time. Moreover, this was his first film with Reema Lagoo too, which later made their pair very much famous as mother and son.
- He rejected the negative lead role offered to him by Abbas-Mustan in his film- Baazigar, which later went to Shah Rukh Khan; the film went on to become a blockbuster.
- Salman believes in lucky gemstones and wears his turquoise stone bracelet on and off the screen. Moreover, his father also believes the same.
- He is obsessed with soaps and his bathroom is heaped up with a variety of soaps, but he especially likes natural fruit and vegetable extracts cleansers.
- During the shoot of London Dreams, he flew his own cook to London from Mumbai to cook up biryani for the entire cast and crew who were tired of eating continental food.
- In August 2011, he disclosed that he had trigeminal neuralgia, a chronic pain condition affecting the trigeminal nerve in the face, also commonly known as “suicide disease.” During an interview, he told that he had been suffering from it for the past seven years and it had made his voice much harsher.
- In 2012, Salman’s wax statue was established at Madame Tussaud’s Museum in England.
- Apart from his incredible contributions to the film industry, he owns a charitable organisation named “Being Human Foundation, which focuses on health care and education. All the profit generated from the sale of the watches he design, Being Human T-shirts, and his paintings, go to the foundation.
- While filming for Tiger Zinda Hai, in a scene where Tiger is painting Zoya, was the actual artwork of Salman, as he painted the picture while the crew was busy with the arrangements.
- His father wanted him to become a cricketer, but he aspired to be a writer and has also written films like Veer and Chandramukhi. Moreover, the storyline of the film Baaghi: A Rebel for Love was based on Salman’s idea for which he was also given credit in the film.
- Salman and Vivek Oberoi had a long fight over the phone when Aishwarya & Vivek were in a relationship after Salman & Aishwarya broke up.
- In 2014, he launched his second production company with the name- Salman Khan Films (earlier, Salman Khan Being Human Productions) and the first movie to be released under his company SKF was “Dr Cabbie,” which was a Canadian movie that became the second highest grossing film in Canada.
- Salman ranked ahead of the US President Barack Obama on the list of “The Most Admired Personalities of India” in 2015.
- In 2016, his film, Sultan was the 10th film to enter the 100 crore club.
- During his shoot for Ek Tha Tiger in Turkey, he frequently visited a cafe del mar named “The Salman Khan.” It was also his first movie with Yash Raj Films.
- Besides being an actor, he is also a very passionate painter, and Aamir Khan has many of his paintings at his home. Reportedly, he himself painted the poster for his film Jai Ho.
- In 2017, Salman Khan and the local residents of the Galaxy Apartments, where Khan and his family reside, raised a stink over Bandstand toilet being built by the BMC; citing the reason that they don’t want toilets in areas frequented by walkers and joggers, fearing the unhygienic conditions.
- Salman doesn’t have an email-id in his name; as he prefers communicating face-to-face, or verbally on phone rather than electronically via e-mails.
- One of his fans has opened a restaurant named “Bhaijaanz” in Mumbai in which the interiors are decorated with Salman Khan’s posters, and all his favourite dishes are on the menu.
- His hosting skills in the Bigg Boss-Season 4 was a big commercial success, which, reportedly, even outdid the Amitabh Bachchan‘s hosting in Bigg Boss 3. After his successful journey of season 4, he hosted all the other seasons of Bigg Boss series.
- He has also given his voice to the animated character Hanuman in the 2017 film- Hanuman: Da’ Damdaar.
- His phenomenal performance in ‘Dabangg’ made him popular by his character’s name- Chulbul Pandey.
- He has two pet horses named ‘Bajrangi’ and ‘Bhaijaan’ and also two dogs named ‘My Son’ and ‘My Jaan.’
- In 2018, actress Shilpa Shetty shared a photo of Salman Khan; kissing Shilpa’s mother. The actress went on to reveal that Khan has a strong bonding with her family, and he used to share drinks with her father.
- In January 2019, when Salman Khan, along with his father and brothers, appeared on The Kapil Sharma Show, where his father revealed that Salman used to get leaked papers to clear his exams.
- Salman is known for his smoking habits. Although it was often reported that he had quit smoking, every time he resumed the habit after giving this evil habit a break. Reportedly, the actor avoids smoking in public, and he prefers to light a cigarette or two backstage when no one is around.
- Just like his smoking habit, the actor has played hide-and-seek with his habit of consuming alcoholic beverages. According to his father, Salim Khan, at one point in time, Salman had stopped consuming alcohol on doctors’ advice; however, the actor is believed to have resumed this habit.
Follow Us on Instagram
Bollywood Actors Biography
Find out actors age, height, weight, physical stats, eyes, net worth, girlfriends, biography family and compare them with other celebrities.