Sonakshi Sinha was born on June 2, 1987, in Bombay, Maharashtra, India. She attended the Shreemati Nathibai Damodar Thackersey Women’s University where she graduated in Fashion Designing. After working as a costume designer for independent films, she made her acting debut portraying Rajjo Pandey in the action-drama film Dabangg in 2010, which won her the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut.
Sinha garnered critical acclaim for her portrayal of Pakhi Roy Chaudhary, a troubled woman suffering from tuberculosis in the period drama film Lootera (2013), for which she earned several accolades, including a nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Actress, as well as nominations for two Screen Awards and an International Indian Film Academy Award. Sinha went on to reprise the role of Rajjo in the Dabangg franchise’s next two installments, Dabangg 2 (2012) and Dabangg 3 (2019) and appeared as Eka Gandhi in the science fiction filmMission Mangal (2019).
Sonakshi Sinha Wiki/Biography
|Real Name||Sonakshi Sinha|
Height in Feet, Weight and Figure Size
|Height||in centimeters- 169 cm|
in meters- 1.69 m
in Feet Inches- 5′ 6½”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 57 kg|
in Pounds- 125 lbs
|Figure Measurements||34-27-34 Inches|
|Bra/Breast Size||34B Inches|
|Hip Size||34 Inches|
|Waist Size||27 Inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||2 June 1987|
|Age (as in 2022)||35 Years|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Education Qualification||Graduate in Fashion Designing|
|Hometown||Patna, Bihar, India|
|School||Arya Vidya Mandir, Mumbai|
|College||Shreemati Nathibai Damodar Thackersey Women’s University (SNDT), Mumbai|
|Educational Qualifications||Graduate in Fashion Designing|
|Debut||Film Debut: Dabangg (2010)|
|Address||49, Ramayan, 9th Road, JVPD Scheme, Juhu, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Photography, reading, yoga and dancing|
|Controversy||Once she was linked to a leaked MMS, which had gone viral on WhatsApp. However, it was a proved to be a fake video.|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Aditya Shroff (of Fame cinemas)|
|Food||Goanese fish curry|
|Actor||Hrithik Roshan, Russel Peters|
|Actress||Sridevi, Rekha, Rani Mukerji|
|Film||Bollywood: Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge|
Hollywood: Kung Fu Panda, Madagascar, Zoolander, Primal Fear,
About A Boy, Love Actually, Notting Hill
|Director||Sanjay Leela Bansali|
|Books||Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts, The Da Vinci Code by Ron Howard|
|Color||Green and Yellow|
|Fashion Designer||Manish Malhotra, Salvatore Ferragamo, Narendra Kumar, Manish Malhotra, Vikram Phadnis|
|Perfume||Victoria’s Secret Pink, Jean Paul Gaultier Classique|
|Destination||Paris and London|
|Salary (approx.)||4 crore/film (INR)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$10 million|
|Cars Collection||BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo (GT)|
Amazing Facts About Sonakshi Sinha
- Sonakshi Sinha garnered critical acclaim for her playing a troubled woman suffering from tuberculosis in the period drama Lootera (2013), for which she earned several accolades, including a nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Actress.
- She has since worked in different commercially unsuccessful filmsuch as Mission Mangal (2019) in which she got a supporting role.
- Aside from acting, She started singing, beginning with a song in her film Tevar (2015). Her debut song, “Aaj Mood Ishqholic Hai” was released in 2015, and she sang a song in four films, which include “Rafta Rafta Medley”, featured in the soundtrack of Yamla Pagla Deewana: Phir Se (2018).
- Her father belongs to a Bihari Kayastha family while Sonakshi Sinha mother hails from a Sindhi Hindu family.
- Her father was as a Member of Parliament of the Bharatiya Janata Party, before he switched to the Indian National Congress in 2019.
- Sonakshi has two brothers, Luv Sinha and Kush Sinha.
- She attended the at Arya Vidya Mandir and than graduated in fashion designing from Premlila Vithaldas Polytechnic of Shreemati Nathibai Damodar Thackersey Women’s University.
- Before her acting career, Sonakshi Sinha was worked as a costume designer, designing the costumes for films such as Mera Dil Leke Dekho in 2005.
- She made her acting debut in the Dabangg Movie opposite Salman Khan in 2010. It went on to become the highest-grossing film of 2010 and all-time blockbuster.
- Sinha lose 3 kg in preparation for the role as a village girl in Dabangg.
- She won awards for her Debut Movie Dabangg. The Awrds included the Filmfare Award as well as the IIFA Awards and many others.
- Sonaksi Sinha four movies release in 2012, her first movie with Prabhu Deva’s Rowdy Rathore, opposite Akshay Kumar. This film got a strong opening at the box office, collecting approx. 15 Crore on its first day and became a blockbuster.
Also Read: Samantha Age, Height, Measurement, Bio, Wealth
Follow Us on Instagram
Bollywood Actress Biography
Find out actresses age, height, weight, body measurements, eyes, bra size, sexual orientation, hot photos, family and compare them with other celebrities.