Jonita Gandhi is a Canadian playback singer. She has recorded songs predominantly in Hindi and Tamil languages with few in Punjabi, Telugu, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Kannada and Malayalam languages. Some of her most acclaimed songs include The Breakup Song, Mental Manadhil, Chellama andArabic Kuthu. She is also well known for her YouTube presence. Her singing debut started through Chennai Express title track (in 2013).
Jonita Gandhi Wiki/Biography
|Real Name||Jonita Gandhi|
Height in Feet, Weight and Figure Size
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm|
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5′ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 57 kg|
in Pounds- 126 lbs
|Bra/Breast Size||34B inches|
|Waist Size||25 inches|
|Hip Size||35 inches|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||23 October 1989|
|Age (as in 2022)||33 Years|
|Birth Place||New Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|School||Turner Fenton Secondary School, Brampton, Canada|
|College/University||Richard Ivey School of Business (University of Western Ontario)|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Health Sciences (BHSc), Honors Business Administration (HBA)|
|Singing Debut||Bollywood: Chennai Express Title Track (2013)|
|Family||Mother– Sneh Gandhi|
Father– Deepak Gandhi (Electronics Engineer, Runs a music studio)
Brother– Mandeep Gandhi
|Food||Tofu, Sushi, Aamras Puri|
|Songs||‘Lag jaa gale’ from the movie ‘Woh Kaun Thi’|
‘Aap ki nazron ne samjha’ from the movie ‘Anpadh’
‘Aji rooth kar kahan jaiyega’ from the movie ‘Aarzoo’
|Singers||A. R. Rahman, Benny Dayal, Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhonsle|
|Musicians||A. R. Rahman, Bruno Mars, East or West|
|Actors||Shahrukh Khan, Salman Khan|
|Music Genre||Romance, Classical Music, Opera|
|TV Shows||Dexter, Silicon Valley, The Big Bang Theory, Girls|
Amazing Facts About Jonita Gandhi
- Does Jonita Gandhi smoke: Not Known
- Does Jonita Gandhi drink alcohol: Yes
- Jonita was born in New Delhi but she grew up in Toronto and Brampton as her family migrated to Canada when she was 9 months old.
- Jonita Gandhi’s tryst with music began when she first performed a gig at her father’s show on a Christmas event in Toronto. She was only 7 years old at that time. Notably, her father is a musician by hobby and an Electronics engineer by profession.
- She has learned Western Classical Music from Ontario Conservatory of Music.
- Jonitha even got trained in Indian Classical Music while she returned to India.
- Interestingly, unlike other singers, Jonita didn’t undergo any formal training in singing while growing up. She just learned the basics of the art by listening to veteran singers like Lata Mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle. However, later, in order to sharpen her skills so as to become a Bollywood playback singer, she finally had to undergo training in Indian classical singing.
- While doing her graduation, Jonita went under an internship at ‘CIBC World Markets.’
- She even cleared a test to take admission in the medical field but she chose not to be a doctor as she felt that it would not give her enough time for her singing.
- Jonita have only one brother.
- After her graduation, she became a part of a musical group led by singer Sonu Nigam. As part of the group, she performed live in many countries viz. Russia, USA, England, etc.
- She says that if not a singer, she would have been a corporate banker.
- She first featured in A. R. Rahman‘s studio album “Raunaq (2014),” after which, she worked with him in his several other projects.
- Her ‘Break-Up’ song from the movie Ae Dil Hai Mushkil (2016) became an instant hit upon release.
- When asked in an interview that despite receiving only a little training in the Indian Classical Music, how she has managed to establish herself in Bollywood, she replied,-
Even though western classical music is very different from Indian classical music, I have been able to use it to my advantage and that’s what makes me unique. In Bollywood, Indian classical singers aren’t valued as much as people who are versatile in other genres.”
- Jonita is an avid pet lover.
Follow Us on Instagram
Bollywood Actress Measurements
Find out actresses age, height, weight, body measurements, eyes, bra size, sexual orientation, hot photos, family and compare them with other celebrities.