Kanika Kapoor (born 21 August 1978) is an Indian singer. She was born and raised in Lucknow. In 2012, she relocated to Mumbai to become a singer. Kapoor’s first song “Jugni Ji” (2012) was for a music video–which became a commercial success. In 2014, she began her Bollywood playback singing career with the song “Baby Doll” for the film Ragini MMS 2. Upon its release, the song topped the music charts and Kapoor received wide critical acclaim and several accolades for her singing style, including the Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer.
Kanika Kapoor Wiki/Biography
|Real Name||Kanika Kapoor|
Height in Feet, Weight and Figure Size
|Height||in centimeters- 165 cm|
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5′ 5″
|Weight||in kilograms- 56 kg|
in pounds- 123 lbs
|Bra Size||33B inches|
|Waist Size||26 inches|
|Hip Size||34 inches|
|Date of Birth||21 August 1978|
|Age (as in 2022)||44 Years|
|Birthplace||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||Loreto Convent, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|College||Bhatkhande Music Institute, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|Educational Qualification||BA & MA in Music from Bhatkhande Music Institute in Lucknow|
|Debut||Singles: Jugni Ji (2012)|
Bollywood Playback: ‘Baby Doll’ from the movie Ragini MMS 2 (2014)
|Address||She lives at a small apartment in Knightsbridge, London|
|Hobbies||Doing Yoga, Shopping, Travelling|
|Controversies||• Singer & Music Producer Dr Zeus expressed his disappointment when he was not credited as the producer of the song “Baby Doll Main Sone Di,” Kanika’s debut Bollywood song. In a radio interview, he said that the fruits of all his hard work were reaped by Meet Bros., who were unfairly given the credits for the song.|
• An F.I.R. was filed against the singer under Sections 188, 269, and 270 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) for being negligent in spreading the novel coronavirus. On 9 March 2020, she arrived at the Mumbai Airport from London, and on 11 March 2020, she visited Lucknow where she attended at least three social gatherings. On 20 March 2020, she tested positive for the novel coronavirus. She was trolled heavily on social media for her negligency. Reportedly, she threw tantrums at the Sanjay Gandhi PGIMS in Lucknow while undergoing her treatment.
|Husband/Spouse||Dr. Raj Chandok (m. 1997–2012)|
Gautam Hathiramani (m. 2022)
|Sweet Dish||Kesar Jalebi|
|Actors||Bollywood: Hrithik Roshan|
Hollywood: Leonardo DiCaprio
|Musicians||A. R. Rahman, Vishal-Shekhar, Beyonce, Shakira, Pitbull, Jennifer Lopez and Justin Bieber|
|Designers||Peter Dundas, Christian Laqua, Rohit Bal, Manish Malhotra|
|Singer||Lata Mangeshkar, Alka Yagnik, Udit Narayan, Justin Bieber|
|Parents||Father– Rajeev Kapoor (Runs his family business of electrical trading)|
Mother– Poonam Kapoor (runs a boutique)
Brother– Sasha (Elder, owns a company in London)
|Children||Daughter(s)– Aayana, Samara|
Amazing Facts About Kanika Kapoor
- Does Kanika Kapoor smoke?: No
- Kanika is a popular Indian playback singer who is known for some hit Bollywood numbers including “Baby Doll” and “Chhitiyan Kalaiyan.”
- Besides singing, she is also a trained Kathak dancer.
- Kanika was born and brought up into a business-class family in Lucknow.
- In Lucknow, Kanika has a large extended family, comprising of around 150+ members, all living nearby.
- Her father, Rajeev Kapoor is the third generation in his family’s business of electrical trading.
- Kanika’s mother, Poonam, is an established exporter of Chikan work and also runs a boutique, called Kalakrutti.
- Her elder brother, Sasha, has his own company in London.
- Kanika’s family has a musical background and her uncle has learnt music from the late Pandit Ganesh Mishraji. Kanika would often sit with them together on Sundays and practice.
- Kanika started learning music at a very young age, and when she was only 11 years old, she got an opportunity to sing on the All India Radio (AIR).
- At her Lucknow house, Kanika had converted her garage into a studio, where she would sing and record.
- Anup Jalota was her father’s childhood friend, and he would often give her a chance to sing Bhajans in the breaks that he took during his performances.
- It was Anup Jalota who introduced her when the Kanika Kapoor Age is 16-year-old Kanika to Bollywood folk and helped here sign a three-year contract with Universal Polygram.
- While in Mumbai, Kanika made an album with Lalit Sen but it never released.
- Initially, Kanika had decided never to get married in her life; however, when she met Raj Chandok (best friend of Kanika’s London based cousin) at her cousin’s wedding at Khajuraho, she fell in love with him.
- At the age of 18, Kanika got married to Dr. Raj Chandok and moved to London.
- While in London, Kanika gave up singing; because she wasn’t allowed.
- After happily living for almost 15 years, Kanika Kapoor First Marriage was not Successful after she found her husband cheating on her. Both separated in 2010 and finally divorced in 2012. She got married again in 2022. Kanika Kapoor New Husband Name is Gautam Hathiramani.
- Kanika Kapoor Age is 44 Years when she married Again.
- After living at the plush apartment in Central London at Mayfair, now, Kanika lives at a small apartment in Knightsbridge in London.
- Kanika also owns a house in Mumbai and has personally supervised for its interior decoration.
- Her elder brother, Sasha, and Harmeet Singh (from the Meet Brothers duo) were classmates at Gwalior’s Scindia School. This is how Kanika Kapoor knows Meet Brothers; in fact, she considers Harmeet & Manmeet as her brothers.
- After her divorce, Kanika moved to India along with her children; however, since her children were not able to adjust in the Indian environment and were getting ill, she moved back to London.
- She became popular after the release of her song “Jugni Ji” in 2012. Notably, the track was the remix version of the Pakistani Sufi song “Alif Allah,” which was originally sung by Arif Lohar and Meesha Shafi in the third season of Coke Studio Pakistan (2010).
- According to Kanika, she cannot speak Punjabi properly despite singing a number of songs with Punjabi lyrics.
- Kanika also runs her own fashion brand “Kanika Kapoor: House of Chikankari” to promote the art of embroidery and textile decoration.
- Kanika Kapoor Net Worth is 5 Million$.
- In 2016, she became the brand ambassador of Swiss Watch manufacturer 88 Rue du Rhone.
- In 2015, during Prime Minister Narendra Modi‘s visit to the UK, Kanika sang the welcome song.
- In 2018, she again performed in front of Narendra Modi during his visit to the UK; this time she sang the national anthem of India.
- In March 2020, Kanika Kapoor became the first Bollywood celebrity to test positive for COVID-19.
Follow Us on Instagram
Bollywood Actress Measurements
Find out actresses age, height, weight, body measurements, eyes, bra size, sexual orientation, hot photos, family and compare them with other celebrities.