Madhuri Dixit (born 15 May 1967) is a television host and actress from India. She is one of the most well-known leading ladies in Hindi film, and she has acted in more than 70 Bollywood productions. Before extending her acting range, Dixit’s early career was largely moulded by roles in romance and family plays, which were noted by critics for their beauty, dancing prowess, and powerful characters. Six Filmfare Awards, out of a record-breaking 17 nominations, are among her honours. She received the Padma Shri, the fourth-highest civilian honour in India, from the government in 2008.
Madhuri Dixit Wiki/Biography
|Full Name||Madhuri Shankar Dixit|
|Nickname||Dhak-Dhak Girl, Bubbly|
|Age (as in 2022)||55 Years|
|Date of Birth||15 May 1967|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Divine Child High School, Mumbai|
|College||Parle College, Mumbai|
|Educational Level||Degree in Micro-Biology|
|Debut||Film Debut: Abodh (1984)|
TV Debut: Kahin Na Kahin Koi Hai (2002)
|Controversies||• One of the spookiest kissing sequences ever was hers with actor Vinod Khanna, who was 20 years her senior, in the 1988 movie Dayavan. She has acknowledged that she should have walked away from the entire scene.|
• She used to tout Maggie’s product as being extremely healthful for children. But she received harsh criticism for it following the Maggie controversy (MSG in high amounts) in 2015. Amitabh Bachchan, Madhuri, and Preity Zinta were ordered by a district court to file a police report (FIR) in response to this.
• According to rumours, she demanded a significant sum of money—between 9 and 10 crores (INR)—in 2012 to serve as the brand ambassador of Maharashtra. She received criticism for behaving so ostentatious as soon as the news got out, and Hrithik Roshan eventually took her place.
Height in Feet, Weight and Figure Size
|Height||in centimeters- 163 cm|
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 56 kg|
in Pounds- 123 lbs
|Bra Size||36 inches|
|Waist Size||27 inches|
|Hip Size||35 inches|
|Husband/Spouse||Shriram Madhav Nene|
|Marriage Date||17 October 1999|
|Food||Modak, Kande Pohe, Zunka Bhakar|
|Actor||Anil Kapoor, Balraj Sahani, Gregory Peck|
|Actresses||Meryl Streep, Nargis, Madhubala, Ingrid Bergman|
|Film||Bollywood: Padosan, Garam Hawa, Ganga Jamuna, Sholay, Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi|
Hollywood: Roman Holiday, Gone With The Wind, All About Eve
|Dancer||Birju Maharaj, Hema Malini, Helen, Gene Kelly|
|Book||A Quiver Full of Arrows by Jeffrey Archer|
|Perfume||Nina Ricci, Issey Miyake|
|Parents||Father– Late Shankar Dixit|
Mother– Snehlata Dixit
|Siblings||Brother– Ajit Dixit|
Sister– Rupa Dixit, Bharati Dixit
|Childrens||Son– Raayan Nene, Arin Nene|
|Salary||4-5 crore/film (INR)|
1.5 crore/episode (INR)
|Car Collection||SUV cars|
|Net Worth||$33 million|
Amazing Secrets About Madhuri Dixit
- Madhuri was born into a Marathi-Brahmin family from the middle class.
- She began dancing at the age of 3 and won numerous accolades for her Kathak dance in her early years.
- Few people are aware that she was actually cast in a TV show in 1984, but it was rejected because it wasn’t deemed “Good Enough.”
- Although she was a top model in India before moving to Bollywood, it required her 8 years to have a successful commercial break with the movie Tezaab (1988).
- She performed the chart-topping song “Ek Do Teen” in the same movie, which is today regarded as a Bollywood classic.
- She received around three times as much money as Salman Khan for the movie Hum Aapke Hain Koun (1994).
- The Pakistani forces made fun of Captain Batra during the Kargil conflict by joking, “If India hands over Bollywood actress Madhuri Dixit to them, they will leave the area forever.” The appropriate response from Captain Batra was, “Madhuri ji to busy hain, main aa jata hun.”
- Few individuals are aware of Madhuri’s crush on cricketer Sunil Gavaskar. I am wild over Sunil Gavaskar,” Madhuri remarked in a 1995 interview with India Today. He is too seductive. He even appeared in my dream, and I want to chase after him.
- She was dubbed the “most beautiful woman on earth” by renowned painter M.F. Hussain, who also featured Shah Rukh Khan and her in the 2000 movie Gaja Gamini, which he dedicated to her.
- She met her spouse, UCLA cardiovascular surgeon Dr. Sriram Nene, through her brother.
- In the Devdas (2002) song “Kahe Ched Ched Mohe,” she wore a 30 kg Ghaghra.
- She was named the UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador for India in 2014.
- She is the only actress from Bollywood to receive 13 nominations for the Filmfare Best Actress Award.
- She still practises Kathak dancing three times each week and founded “Dance With Madhuri,” an online dance academy, in 2013. She is a devoted dancer.
- She is terrified of cockroaches.
- She has Taekwondo instruction.
- She would have been a pathologist or a microbiologist if she hadn’t become an actress.
Follow Us on Instagram
Bollywood Actress Biography
Find out actresses age, height, weight, body measurements, eyes, bra size, sexual orientation, hot photos, family and compare them with other celebrities.