Sania Mirza (born 15 November 1986) is a tennis professional from India. She has won six major championships as a former No. 1 in doubles, including three in women’s doubles and three in mixed doubles. She had the No. 1 singles ranking in India according to the Women’s Tennis Association from 2003 till her retirement from singles in 2013.
Sania Mirza Wiki/Biography
|Full Name||Sania Mirza Malik|
|Age (as of 2022)||36 Years|
|Date of Birth||15 November 1986|
|School||Nasr School (a private school chain in Khairatabad, Hyderabad)|
|College/University||St. Mary’s College, Hyderabad|
|Hobbies||Swimming, Listening to Music, Travelling|
|Controversies||• She reportedly rejected a doubles match with Israeli tennis star Shahar Pe’er in 2006 out of concern for the Muslim community of India’s reactions. At the Stanford, California match on the 2007 WTA Tour, she partnered with Pe’er.|
• Sania Mirza was spotted in 2008 seated next to an Indian flag, her feet rested up on a table. After receiving a lot of backlash for this behaviour, Mirza declared she would no longer compete in tennis events in her own nation. She had been at the centre of arguments over her attire and disrespecting the national flag of India.
• Leander Paes insisted that Sania be his partner for the mixed doubles competition at the 2012 Olympics after Rohan Bopanna and Mahesh Bhupathi declined to compete in the men’s doubles competition with him. Sania, however, claimed that the All India Tennis Association (AITA) was using her as “bait” to appease Paes because she wanted to play with Mahesh Bhupathi. In the end, the mixed doubles team of Paes and Mirza was defeated in the quarterfinals.
• She was captured on camera disregarding the clothing rules at the 2008 Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony Parade.
• Because she is married to Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Malik, she is frequently referred to as “Pakistan’s daughter-in-law” in a disrespectful manner.
• Sania and Pakistani actress Veena Malik engaged in a Twitter exchange of insults in June 2019. Veena Malik tweeted: “Sania, I am actually so worried for the kid. You guys took him to a sheesha place isn’t it Hazardous? Also as far as I know Archie’s is all about junk food which isn’t good for athletes/Boys. You must know well as you are mother and athlete yourself.” In response, Sania Mirza said that she cares about the child.
Height in Feet, Weight and Figure Size
|Height||in centimeters– 173 cm|
in meters– 1.73 m
in feet inches– 5’ 8”
|Bra/Breast Size||35 inches|
|Waist Size||28 inches|
|Hip Size||36 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Ex-fiance||Sohrab Mirza (Sania Mirza’s childhood friend|
|Marriage Date||12 April 2010|
|Marriage Place||The Taj Krishna Hotel in Hyderabad|
|Husband/Spouse||Shoaib Malik (Cricketer)|
|Children||Son– Izhaan Mirza Malik (born in October 2018)|
|Sports||Cricket and Swimming|
|Tennis Player||Roger Federer, Martina Hingis|
|Actor||Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar|
|Film||Kuch Kuch Hota Hai|
|Singer||Atif Aslam, Arijit Singh|
|Travel Destination||Dubai, Maldives|
|Parents||Father– Imran Mirza (a sports journalist)|
Mother– Nasima Mirza
Sister– Anam Mirza (The owner of the fashion outlet The Label Bazaar)
Amazing Facts About Sania Mirza
- Sania Mirza was born in Bombay (now Mumbai) into a Hyderabadi Muslim family. Sania’s family had immigrated to the US in 1990 and had come back within two years.
- Sania’s father, Imran Mirza, revealed in an interview that although he had also played tennis in college, their family was more of a cricketing one and that everyone had played the game at some point.
- Sania’s father was a sports journalist who also published a sports magazine in Hyderabad called “Sports Call.” Her father started out in the printing press industry there and eventually switched into construction.
- Sania and her younger sister Anam were raised in Hyderabad. Sania graduated from Nasr School Khairatabad with a first division SSC grade and 63% overall. It was her father, Imran Mirza, who first introduced Sania to lawn tennis, and she began playing the sport at the age of six at the Nizam Club in Hyderabad.
- Sania’s initial tennis instruction was provided by CK Bhupathi, the father of Mahesh Bhupathi.
- When her father was unable to pay for her education, he turned to various business organisations for assistance; as a result, GVK Industries and Adidas began to sponsor her when she was 12 years old.
- Later, Sania’s father took over as her coach and began preparing her to become a player of the highest class on the international stage.
- Sania has one Sister. Her name is Anam Mirza.
- Sania transferred to the Ace Tennis Academy in the United States after studying professional tennis at the Sinnet Tennis Academy in Secunderabad.
- Farah Khan and Parineeti Chopra Are Sania’s Best Friends.
- As a junior player, she won 10 singles titles and 13 doubles titles. Sania won the 2003 Wimbledon Championships Girls’ Doubles title with Alisa Kleybanova.
- She went on to make it to both the quarterfinals and semifinals of the US Open Girls’ Doubles in 2003 and 2002, respectively.
- Sania, at 15, won some notable victories on the senior circuit, including ones in Delhi, Hyderabad, Pune, and Manila, Philippines.
- She did, however, lose to Australian Evie Dominikovic at the AP Tourism Hyderabad Open after receiving a wild card admission; this was her first-ever WTA competition.
- In the mixed doubles competition at the 2002 Asian Games in Busan, she and Leander Paes earned a bronze medal. Sania Mirza then won four gold medals at the 2003 Afro-Asian Games in Hyderabad. This was her first taste of success on a global scale.
- Sania and Liezel Huber won her maiden WTA doubles victory at the 2004 AP Tourism Hyderabad Open. Sania won six ITF singles titles in 2004 on the ITF Circuit.
- She defeated Cindy Watson and Petra Mandula in the first and second rounds of the 2005 Australian Open to advance to that round. Serena Williams upset her in straight sets in the third round, though. When Sania defeated ninth-seeded Alona Bondarenko in the AP Tourism Hyderabad Open final in February 2005, she became the first Indian woman to ever win a WTA title.
- She made history at the US Open by becoming the first Indian woman to advance to the fourth round of a Grand Slam competition.
- Sania also take good care care of her health and perform workout daily.
- Sania Mirza won the WTA Newcomer of the Year award after a great 2005 season. In 2006, when Sania received a seeding at the Australian Open, she made history by becoming the first Indian woman to do so in a grand slam competition.
- At the 2006 Asian Games in Doha, Mirza won three medals: a gold in mixed doubles, a silver in women’s singles, and a bronze in team. The same year, Sania defeated Svetlana Kuznetsova, Nadia Petrova, and Martina Hingis in three top-ten victories.
- Sania had a fantastic year in 2007, as it was the year she achieved her highest singles ranking of world No. 27. She also won four doubles championships in the same year.
- India’s representative at the 2008 Summer Olympics was Sania Mirza. However, due to a right wrist injury, she was disqualified from the singles round. She had to pull out of numerous further matches due to the injury, including Grand Slam matches for the French Open and US Open. At the 2010 Asian Games, Mirza earned a bronze medal in singles and a silver medal in mixed doubles alongside India’s Vishnu Vardhan.
- Reaching a Grand Slam final during the 2011 French Open was arguably Mirza’s career high point. On June 7, 2012, Sania Mirza and Mahesh Bhupathi won the French Open Mixed Doubles Championship.
Follow Us on Instagram
Find out Sportsperson age, height, weight, body measurements, eyes, bra size, sexual orientation, hot photos, family and compare them with other celebrities.