Shakira was born on 2 February 1977 is a Colombian singer. Born and raised in Barranquilla, she has been referred to as the “Queen of Latin Music” and is noted for her musical versatility. Shakira had her debut as a recording artist at the age of 13. However, this wasn’t met with as much success as she had initially hoped for. Her first two albums flopped.Shakira wrote her first song while she was still eight years old, and it was only because her father got her a typewriter for Christmas. Her first song came as a tribute to her father’s grief for one of her half-brothers who died in a bike accident.
|Full Name||Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Dancer, Philanthropist Entrepreneur|
Height in Feet, Weight and Figure Size
|Height||in centimeters- 157 cm|
in meters- 1.57m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 2”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 53 kg|
in Pounds- 117 lbs
|Bra/Breast Size||34B Inches|
|Waist Size||24 Inches|
|Hip Size||37 Inches|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||February 2, 1977|
|Age (as of 2022)||45 Years|
|Birthplace||Barranquilla, Atlántico, Colombia|
|School||La Ensenanza School, Barranquilla|
|College/University||University of California, Los Angeles|
|Educational Qualification||University drop-out|
|Debut||Latin -American Album: Magia (1991)|
English Album: Laundry Service
Film – El Oasis (1996)
|Children||Milan Piqué Mebarak|
|Ethnicity||Italian, Spanish and Labenese|
|Inspirational Artists||John Lennon and Gloria Estefan|
|Hobbies||Skateboarding, Frisbee, Paint fried eggs and Watch horror movies, Learning History and Languages, Golf, Tennis, Basketball and Swimming|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Antonio De La Rúa (2000-2011)|
Gerard Pique (2011-present)
|Current Relationship Status||In a relationship with Gerard Piqué|
|TV shows||Scrubs (2001-2010), It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (2005)|
|Actor||Brad Pitt, Hugh Gran|
|Actress||Angelina Jolie, Nicole Kidman|
|Perfume||Issey Miyake Perfumes|
|Book||The Prophet (Khalil Gibran)|
|Food||Pancakes with Jam|
|Song||With or Without You (U2)|
|Parents||Father– William Mebarak Chadid|
Mother– Nidia del Carmen Ripoll Torrado
|Siblings||Step-Brothers– Tonino Mebarak, Edward Mebarak, Robin Mebarak,|
Alberto Mebarak, Antonio Mebarak and Moises Mebarak
Step-Sisters– Lucy Mebarak, Ana Mebarak and Patricia Mebarak
|Children||Milan Piqué Mebarak|
|Net Worth||$220 million|
|House||Barcelona, Spain (USD 5.4 million)|
La Colarado Farmhouse ($700,000)
The Star Island Home $3.4 million
|Car||Mercedes CLS, Porsche Carrera, BMW X6, Audi A7,|
Rangerover, BMW X5
Amazing Facts About Shakira
- Shakira can speak several languages. She is fluent in Spanish, English, and Portuguese.
- Shakira loves dogs and has three named Coquito, Chan, and Gordita.
- In 2002, Wherever, Whenever became the best-selling song. Also, her single Hips Don’t Lie is considered to be the best-selling song of this century.
- Shakira has had the honor of singing the 2010 FIFA World Cup official song “Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)”. The music video crossed over a billion views on YouTube and still is one of the most viewed videos.
- She has won two Grammys, 26 Latin-American Grammy Awards, five MTV Music Awards and has had a Golden Globe nomination too.
- Shakira also has Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- The first person to reach 100 million followers on Facebook was none other than Shakira.
- She was only four when she wrote her first poem.
- She wanted a typewriter for Christmas as she always watched her father writing stories on one. She got one when she was seven and has been writing poetry since then.
- She wrote the song “Dark Glasses” because her father always wore a pair of dark glasses hiding the grieving since her brother died in an accident when he was riding his motorcycle.
- She was inspired to be a performer when her father took her to a restaurant where a dancer was doing Belly-Dance to an Arabic drum beat.
- Shakira and Jennifer Lopez are best Friends.
- She was let off the school choir at the age of two because she had too strong of a vibrato. She used to perform Belly-Dance on a new number every Friday in School.
- Shakira shares her birthday with her partner Gerard Pique.
- Shakira was known as the “The Belly Dancing Girl” in her school, where she discovered her passion for performing live.
- Shakira found some recognition in her hometown by the time she was 13 when she used to be often invited to perform at different places. This is when Monica Ariza noticed her and talked to Sony Executives to crack her a deal.
- Sony Columbia signed her after watching her perform three songs.
- Sony gave her only $100,000 to record her album Pies Descalzos because they thought that it would not sell more than 100,000 copies. It sold itself well and sold 5 million copies.
- She is already immortalized by having a five-meter statue built in her home city Columbia’s Caribbean Coast.
- Hips Don’t Lie was the number one single in 55 countries. It was also the maximum played song on the radio totaling 9637 in a week.
- She was listed by Forbes the highest-earning female artist of 2008.
- Shakira runs Pies Descalzos Foundation for helping poor children all around Columbia. Thanks to her father who used to take her to a park where orphans lived, to make her grateful for her life. Since then, she dreamed to help those kids after getting famous. She was also awarded Humanitarian Award in 2003 for the same cause.
- Her Fiance Antonio De La Rúa was the son of the president of Argentina at the time.
- Her IQ is 140.
- Her grandmother was the one who taught her Belly Dancing.
- She loves Bollywood and its music.
- She has been awarded and honored with a medal International Labor Organization.
- Steven Spielberg wanted to cast Shakira before Catherine Zeta-Jones in the movie The Mask of Zorro. She turned it down because she wasn’t confident enough with her English.
Follow Us on Instagram
Hollywood Singer Measurements
Find out Singer age, height, weight, body measurements, eyes, bra size, sexual orientation, hot photos, family and compare them with other celebrities.