Deepika Padukone was Born on January 5, 1986, Deepika Padukone is an Indian actress and model who started her professional acting career in 2006 and established herself as one of the most popular and leading Indian film actresses. Although badminton was the real passion of Deepika while growing up and she even played badminton at the national level but then decided to quit sports in order to become a model and later switched to acting.
After gaining initial recognition through her work as a fashion model, she grabbed her first acting role in 2006 Kannada film Aishwarya while her Bollywood debut came in the next year with blockbuster Om Shanti Om whom success immediately established her as the upcoming stars of the industry.Since then, Deepika Padukone has gone on to star in several more commercially and critically successful films so far such as Love Aaj Kal, Housefull, Desi Boyz, Cocktail, Race 2, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, Chennai Express, Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela and Happy New Year.
Deepika Padukone Age, Height, Measurement, Bra Size, Bio, Net Worth
Deepika Padukone Wiki/Biography
|Real Name||Deepika Padukone|
Height in Feet, Weight and Figure Size
in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’8″
|Weight||in kilograms– 55 kg|
in pounds– 121 lbs
|Bra/Breast Size||33 Inches|
|Waist Size||26 Inches|
|Hip Size||33 Inches|
|Date of Birth||5 January 1986|
|Age (as of 2021)||35 Years|
|Hometown||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|School||Sophia High School, Bengaluru|
|College/University||Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru|
|Educational Qualification||College dropout|
|Caste||Brahmin (Chitrapur Saraswat)|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Reading, Playing badminton, Cooking|
|Likes/Dislikes||Likes: Eating South Indian snacks, wearing Indian clothes like sarees, chudidaars, to put mascara, gym wear|
Dislikes: Negativity, Wearing Designer Clothes
|Controversies||On 14 September 2014, the Times of India tweeted: “OMG: Deepika Padukone’s cleavage show.” After it, Deepika bashed at TOI’s tweet for this inappropriate heading and tweeted, “Yes I am a woman. I have breasts. I have a cleavage. You got a problem?.” She also received support from both fans and film fraternity, after the Times of India published a report and a photo dedicated to the actress’s cleavage. Later, the story and tweet were removed from Twitter.|
• After her breakup with Ranbir Kapoor, she cheekily commented on Ranbir on a popular chat show “Koffee with Karan” that Ranbir should endorse a condom brand.
• After her marriage with Ranveer Singh, an Italian Sikh group alleged that the Sikh code of conduct was violated in their Sindhi-Punjabi wedding.
• On 7 January 2020, she joined the JNU vigil, in which many students were injured in the JNU hostel attacks, to show her support and condemn the brutal attack on JNU students that happened on 5 January 2020. The movie star was in town for the promotion of her movie Chhapaak and visited the protesting students at Jawaharlal Nehru University to express her solidarity against the JNU attack. She said, “I feel angry that this is happening. At the same time, it is a matter of concern that action is not being taken.” Social media was abuzz with negative as well as positive comments from netizens with the hashtags ‘boycottchhapaak’ and ‘IStandwithDeepika’ trending simultaneously on Twitter.
|Husband/Spouse||Ranveer Singh (m. 2018-present)|
|Parents||Father– Prakash Padukone (Former Indian Badminton Player)|
Mother– Ujjala Padukone (Worked as a Travel Agent)
Sister– Anisha Padukone (Younger, Golfer)
|Food||Ravioli Bolognese, Pasta, Dal-Chawal, Biryani, Maharashtrian Varan, South Indian Food, Mediterranean Food, Dim Sum, Spaghetti, Pasta, Chocolates|
|Actor(s)||Aamir Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Brad Pitt, Richard Gere|
|Actresses||Madhuri Dixit, Kajol, Raveena Tandon|
|Film(s)||Bollywood: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge|
Hollywood: Vicky Cristina Barcelona, The Color of Paradise, Cinderella Man
|Singer(s)||A.R. Rahman, Rihanna, Jennifer Lopez, Justin Bieber|
|Fashion Designer(s)||Anju Modi, Tarun Tahiliani, Manish Malhotra, Rohit Bal|
|Holiday Destination(s)||France, Maldives|
|Sports||Badminton, Football, Polo|
• Ram and Shyam, Mumbai
• Sunny’s, Bengaluru
• Ping Pong, London
• Scalini, London
• Soho House, Toronto
• Mabula, South Africa
Amazing Facts About Deepika Padukone
- Does Deepika Padukone drink alcohol?: Yes
- Deepika was born into a Konkani family in Denmark, but her family moved back to Bengaluru when she was 11 months old.Deepika Padukone’s childhood photo
- She was not a social person at a young age and had very few friends.
- Inspired by her badminton legend father, Prakash Padukone, she started playing badminton at a young age and played State-level badminton till the 10th standard.Deepika Padukone playing badminton with her father
- Though she wanted to become a Badminton player, she changed her mind and started modeling.
- In order to become a model, she relocated to Mumbai from Bengaluru and stayed at her aunt’s home.
- Deepika made her first catwalk when she was 17 years old.Deepika Padukone during modeling days
- Deepika won the “Model of the Year” award at the 5th annual Kingfisher Fashion Awards.
- She has learned acting skills from Anupam Kher‘s ‘Actor Prepares‘ and dance from Shiamak Davar.
- Though Deepika was supposed to make her Bollywood debut with Sanjay Leela Bhansali‘s ‘Saawariya’, Bhansali played it safe and opted for Anil Kapoor‘s daughter’s formula, and replaced her with Sonam Kapoor.
- Farah Khan approached Deepika to sign her for her film ‘Happy New Year‘, but later on the film was canceled (later released in 2014 starring Deepika) and she was later signed up for ‘Om Shanti Om’ (2007), which became a blockbuster and made her star overnight. Reportedly, she wasn’t the first choice for the film Happy New Year (2014), but it was Ankita Lokhande.
- In 2008, she was ranked #1 in Indian Maxim’s ‘Hot 100’ list.
- In 2009, Deepika worked as a freelancer writer for HT City, the lifestyle supplement of Hindustan Times.
- For her role as “Suzy” in the film ‘Chandni Chowk to China’ (2009), she learned a Japanese martial art form “Jujutsu”, and performed all the stunts herself.
- In 2010, she adopted a village in Ambegaon, Maharashtra, to provide the villagers with the basic amenities, such as – water and electricity
- In 2012, she was named ‘India’s Most Beautiful Woman‘ by the Indian edition of People magazine.
- Deepika has a clothing label ‘All About You’, which she launched on Myntra.
- She prefers using the lift rather than the stairs.
- In 2015, she founded the ‘Live Love Laugh Foundation‘, to prevent and deal with depression.
- She was offered a role in ‘Furious 7‘ (2015), but she declined the offer due to other commitments.
- In 2016, she became the highest-paid actress of Bollywood after the grand success of Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Bajirao Mastani.’
- She is very systematic at doing things and has a habit of listing down everything.
- In October 2019, she shared her teacher’s remarks on her Instagram. As per her teacher’s remarks, she used to be very talkative in class.
- Deepika and Ranveer were engaged 4 years before they tied the knot in November 2018.
Follow Us on Instagram
Bollywood Actress Measurements
Find out actresses age, height, weight, body measurements, eyes, bra size, sexual orientation, hot photos, family and compare them with other celebrities.